The BatNode is a portable radio transceiver, acting as a mobile radio network node in the underground excavations.
The main task of the mobile radio network node is to provide two-way transmission of data and voice during rescue operations, in areas where the radio network infrastructure does not operate. Rescue team if necessary activate following node devices creating highly adaptive radio network. To ensure high-quality radio communication and localization along the entire pathway. The devices are ready to retransmit immediately after activation. The fully charged built-in accumulator is used to supply the device for seven days. The charge level of all active nodes are constantly monitored by the mobile centre of command.
The main features:
- lightweight design for easy transport
- 7 days battery operating
- mounting intervals: 30 m
- connection, localization and measurement infrastructure
The BatNode device:
- degree of protection IP67
- consists of battery module with a built-in charger
- LED diodes indicate the operation of the device
The BatNode is available in two versions:
- intrinsically safe – the device complies with ATEX restrictions and can be used in hazardous areas
- non-intrinsically safe